EAT6 AUTOMATIC GEARBOX
EAT8 AUTOMATIC GEARBOX
STOP & START
With the StopEngine stop and restart system & Start function, available on petrol and diesel engines, you'll combine environmental performance with driving pleasure!
Suitable for city driving, the Stop & Start function automatically switches off the engine whenever the vehicle comes to a halt, for example at a red light or a stop sign. When the driver wishes to continue the journey, the restart is instantaneous and smooth.
This technology has many advantages: better control of fuel consumption (-15% in dense urban traffic compared to a conventional vehicle), reduction of CO2 emissions (zero emissions during engine shutdown phases) and silence at a standstill.
In order to adapt to all driving styles, Stop & Start can be deactivated.
EMP2 and CMP PLATFORMS
Two platforms are available: the EMP2Efficient Modular Platform 2: PSA Peugeot Citroën's new-generation platform platform and the multi-energy CMP/eCMP platform are at the heart of the design and manufacture of the PSA Group's new urban, mid-range and top-of-the-range models, which provide in particular:
- Modular architectureThe platform groups together all the following vehicle functions outside the silhouette: the underbody, ground connections, engine and gearbox adaptations and the core of the electrical and electronic architecture. to meet the specific requirements of the main world markets (4 and 5-door saloons, estate cars, MPVs, hatchbacks, SUVs, convertibles or coupés).
- A variety of engines and gearboxes on a single platform (4-cylinder, hybrid, 4-wheel drive, etc.)
- Lighter vehicles and lower CO2 emissions while improving rigidity, safety and driving pleasure thanks to its innovative lightweight materials such as steel, composite materials, aluminium for ground connections and cutting-edge processes (such as hot stamping and laser welding)
- Innovative technological choices to optimise steering, handling, interior comfort and safety (composite floor, ultra-low rolling resistance tyres, etc.)
- More freedom in terms of style (large wheels, wheelbase variability, low bonnet and low ride height, etc.) whatever the silhouette (SUV, saloon, etc.)
Launched on the PEUGEOT 308 in 2013, the EMP2 platform enables the production of the new PEUGEOT 3008/3008 Plug-in Hybrid and 5008 SUVs, the 508/508 Plug-in Hybrid, the 508 SW/508 SW Plug-in Hybrid, the Rifter, the Traveller/e-Traveller and the Expert/e-Expert.
The CMP/eCMP platform is specifically for the manufacture of the 208/e-208 city car and the 2008/e-2008 compact SUV.
PEUGEOT is the only brand in the world to market a global sustainable mobility offer:
- The PEUGEOT e-208 city car
- The PEUGEOT e-2008 SUV
- The e-Rifter ludospace
- The e-Expert van
- The e-Traveller MPV
- The PEUGEOT e-LUDIX electric scooter
The range of electrically assisted bicycles for all uses (city, road or off-road), including the eC01, eLCO1, eT01, eM01, eM02 and eM03 models.
As a major player in every technological revolution, PEUGEOT is serenely tackling the energy transition with the conviction that technology is still and always at the service of motoring pleasure.
Plug-in hybrid technology draws on two sources of energy for getting around: it combines an electric motor with a battery that can be recharged and a petrol engine.
Because of this, you benefit from driving in 100% electric mode (up to 59 km WLTP range) for short journeys and using the combustion engine for long journeys.
Hydrogen in series at PEUGEOT.
Pushing ever further its requirement to reduce drastically the local emissions of its vehicles, PEUGEOT became one of the first manufacturers to offer in series, from 2021, on the compact utility van segment, in addition to its thermal and electric battery models, an electric version powered by a hydrogen fuel cell.
The hydrogen fuel cell electric version confirms the rapid deployment of the Peugeot Expert range’s electrified offer.